National Retirement Week was launched last year to raise awareness of the many important issues that face each of us at retirement.
Pru research has found that many people do not plan for retirement and simply drift into it without much if any thought. From pensions and taxes to wills and health issues, there is much to think about.
As a direct result of a lack of planning, many retired people are living in serious financial difficulties – but this is probably not news to you.
While retirement for many leads to a tightening of the purse strings, the Pru has found that many aspire to spend their golden years abroad and it has themed this year's National Retirement Week around this issue.
Nearly half of the UK population would like to retire overseas if their financial situation would allow them to but less than half of those think that they will many because of a lack of planning.
The message to take away is simple. If you want to retire abroad, get planning early and get yourself a good independent financial adviser.
But while we start to dream of life in a better climate, the nation is turning its attention to the sunny climes of Portugal for the football frenzy of Euro 2004. For your chance to win tickets to the final, enter the competition here.
Terms and conditions
1.The competition is open to financial advisers based in the UK. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the rules.
2. Each entry must be via the official competition web address. No more than one entry per person will be accepted.
3. Proof of emailing is not proof of receipt.
4.There is a total of one pair of tickets for the Euro 2004 final to be won. The prize includes return flights from London Gatwick to Lisbon, Portugal, overnight accommodation (Sunday 4 July) and a pair of tickets to the final. All other expenses associated with taking the prize, including transfers to London, any extra accommodation required in addition to the one free night, will be the responsibility of the winner.
5. The winner will require a valid passport, and a valid visa if travelling on a passport from outside the EU.
6. The prizewinner will be selected from all correct entries received on or before noon on Wednesday 23 June 2004.
7. The result of this competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winner will be notified by telephone on 24 June, 2004 and arrangements made for despatch of tickets. The promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner where it is unable to contact the winner by 25 June, 2004.
9. Prizes are as stated, are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize.
10. We reserve the right to amend these rules or vary the prize at any time, if necessary without notice, if in our reasonable opinion events or circumstances outside our control make this advisable.
11. Prizewinner details will be available for six weeks by sending an SAE to Prudential MM Competition, co Paul Keeble, Prudential, 3 Sheldon Square, London W2 6PR after June 28, 2004.
12. The prizewinner may be required to participate in future publicity.
13. Entries must be through www.pruifa.co.uk.
14. This competition is not open to employees of Prudential or Money Marketing.
Prudential and / or our service providers and agents may wish to contact you by mail, telephone, EMS and Email to let you know about any goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you. Please tick this box if you wish to receive such information