The Conservatives have secured the 326 seats needed to form a majority government following a stunning election night which saw Labour hammered in Scotland by the SNP. The Tories are forecast to win a total of 331 seats, compared to just 232 for Labour. In Scotland the SNP won 56 of 59 seats, reducing Labour’s […]
Watching 70 presentations in two days is an exhausting experience, as anyone who has been to Finovate will tell you, but it is well worth it because of the range and diversity of ideas presented. As a regular attendee (this is my tenth Finovate) I have found it is valuable to identify the presentations I […]
There has been little change to annuity rates since the last update and this reflects the flat line trend for gilt yields at the moment. The benchmark 15-year gilt yield has remained just under 2 per cent so far in April. Unless yields increase, annuity rates will remain at present levels. In my recent paper […]
Annuity rates at lowest level for at least two years.
FE Alpha Manager Mark Martin assumed management of the multi-cap UK Opportunities Fund at the beginning of February. As manager of the highly regarded UK Mid Cap Fund, Martin has begun restructuring the new portfolio to focus on our very best UK stock ideas from across the FTSE All-Share Index. In this video, update Martin addresses:
– Themes informing the UK Opportunities Fund
– The multi-cap structure of the fund
– UK equity valuations
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up