View more on these topics

Wider reach for venture capital fund

Friends Ivory & Sime is to bring a traditionally institutional fund structure to the IFA market with a new venture capital investment trust.

The Public and Private Primary Capital, or 3PC, investment trust will open on Monday. It aims to raise up to £150m and will close on April 23 or earlier if it reaches its target subscription.

The fund will have similar characteristics to venture capital limited partnerships which are normally only available to institutional investors.

It will aim to return a minimum of 99.9 per cent of shareholders&#39 capital as well as a total return of 7.5 per cent per year.

The management team will then take 20 per cent of the fund&#39s growth after shareholders have received their targeted return while the remaining 80 per cent will be shared between investors. If the target return has not been paid by May 2007, the fund will be liquidated and the assets shared between the investors.

The fund, which will be managed by Bill Brown, will focus on

entrepreneurial companies in the biotech, technology and telecoms sectors.

Unlike most investment trusts, the fund will offer commission. Initial commission is 3 per cent, with 0.5 per cent trail. The annual management charge is 1.25 per cent of gross assets.

Recommended

SG funds aim to beat index by 5% a year

SG Asset Management is launching a new range of higher-risk funds aimed at achieving higher returns than its existing core portfolio of lower-risk unit trusts. The new range will aim to return 4 or 5 per cent a year above their respective benchmarks, as opposed to the 1 or 2 per cent target for the […]

Virgin One appoints business partnerships head

Virgin One has appointed Anthony Richardson, 35, as head of business partnerships to lead a team of five business partnership managers working with IFAs. Richardson has 16 years of intermediary experience and was formerly national account manager at Abbey National. The appointment is in preparation for Virgin One&#39s launch into the intermediary market this summer. […]

Soaring wealth to boost advice

Levels of wealth in the UK are expected to soar between now and 2005, heralding an advice bonanza. The figures, revealed in research by Future Foundation for Abbey National&#39s recently launched wealth management service Inscape, show the size of the UK group of mass affluent individuals with around £50,000 in liquid assets will grow by […]

&#39Treasury ruined chance to overhaul regulation&#39

The Financial Services Consumer Panel has accused the Treasury of destroying the FSA&#39s chance to overhaul existing financial services rules. It says the Treasury failed to give the FSA sufficient time to conduct a fundamental review of the rules bysetting an unrealistic timetable for the regulator to assume its powers. The panel wants a wide-ranging […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment

    Close

    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm

    Email: customerservices@moneymarketing.com