PI insurers are considering exclusions for insistent DB to DC transfers, Money Marketing understands.
Irish funnyman Dara Ó Briain waded into an unexpected Twitter brawl with Fidelity Worldwide Investment retirement director Alan Higham last week, with the pair exchanging blows on tax. Ó Briain, a panel show heavyweight and host of maths programme School of Hard Sums, made a daring foray into the technical world of pensions legislation, slamming […]
Despite the pension reforms the UK market remains well suited to annuitisation, influential think-tank the Pensions Policy Institute says. In a report, sponsored by the Investment Association and The People’s Pension, the PPI compares the UK system with Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and the US. It says that despite the new freedoms – which allow […]
Offences relate to trading in shares of IT firm Logica.
Using an investment wrapper set up by a life insurance company in a jurisdiction with a favourable tax regime, such as the Isle of Man or Dublin, opens up a wealth of planning opportunities. Investors benefit from growth that is largely free of tax as no tax is imposed on the income and gains in […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up