Sesame has been accused of using “pressure tactics” and restricting firms’ options after giving its members just three months to make a decision about their future. Last month Sesame Bankhall Group announced it will no longer operate as a network for investment advisers as part of a fundamental overhaul of the business. Under the new […]
Advisers urged to reduce IHT bills through pensions.
I like to think one of the skills that makes me a decent adviser is the ability to convert complex, illogical and sometimes-opaque notions into bite-sized snippets of information clients might understand. Thirty years in the job has led me to accept, although we live and breathe our subject, that is simply not the case […]
Labour leader Ed Miliband is seeking to return tax avoidance and non-dom rules to the spotlight just days before the election. Speaking today in Pendle, Lancashire, Miliband will claim that “there is no bigger symbol” of the failures of the coalition Government than tax avoidance, and renew his pledge to ban non-dom status for those […]
The introduction of ground-breaking pension freedoms in April 2015 has created some uncertainty for employees and employers alike, and they are looking for help. With further changed announced in the summer Budget, employees really need help to understand how the changes affect them.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
- Scottish Widows hands £30bn fund contract to BlackRock after kicking Standard Life Aberdeen off mandate
- Flat-rate pension tax relief ruled out by government
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up