The Pensions Ombudsman has dismissed a complaint from a policyholder who said Royal London incorrectly interpreted the level of annuity that should be paid to him. The dispute centres on whether the policyholder understood his benefits properly and if Royal London adequately communicated what these were to him. In the case Mr S says the […]
A review of the favoured passive investing styles, sectors and geographies of the past year
The long bull market has seen valuations increase significantly, meaning investors must tread very carefully
Welcome to the latest update for The Merchants Trust PLC from the Trust’s portfolio manager, Simon Gergel. Portfolio Review In February, the House of Commons passed a draft law to trigger article 50 of the Lisbon treaty for the UK to exit the EU. In corporate news, Warren Buffett backed Kraft Heinz in its takeover […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- Who were the winners at the Money Marketing Awards?
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Aegon apologises to advisers over Cofunds replatforming
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up