Concerns around the longevity of the policy will lead many to forego pension savings in favour of a deposit The highlight of yesterday’s Budget was the scrapping of stamp duty for first-time buyers purchasing properties of up to £300,000. Those buying higher valued properties up to £500,000 will not pay any duty on the first […]
Asset managers and brokers have been rushing to add Mifid II-related specialists over the past year, research shows. Data compiled by LinkedIn on behalf of the Financial Times, shows that 1,300 Mifid II-related jobs were advertised on the website at the end of October. LinkedIn said the number of Mifid II jobs advertised by asset […]
Having benefited from numerous tailwinds over the past few years, 2018 looks set to cause serious problems
Reform is needed to deal with the many unacceptable aspects of the current service
Lucy Macdonald, portfolio manager, The Brunner Investment Trust PLC, discusses the aims and objectives of the trust and how recent political uncertainty has impacted her investment decisions. Lucy also discusses current investment themes, with a spotlight on internet businesses, and explains why investors should consider Brunner.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Henry Tapper: ‘We’ve really made a mess of DB transfers’
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up