View more on these topics

Webline is first Ifap technology sponsor

Intermediary portal Webline is joining product providers to become IFA Promotion&#39s first technology sponsor.

IFAP says the move is further evidence of growing industry confidence in a strong IFA sector post-depolarisation, following the recent additions of London Mortgage Company, GMAC and Mortgage Express to IFAP&#39s list of sponsors.

Webline managing director Paul Holland says: “We particularly support IFAP&#39s efforts to encourage member firms to improve their own websites, since four out of five people turn to the web to find an IFA. We were the first portal to provide financial advisers with the facility to host online comparative quotations and e-submissions within their own websites and over the past few years we have provided over 30 million quotations to adviser firms.”


Amvescap and Invesco raise Millfield holdings

Amvescap and subsidiary Inv-esco Perpetual have increased their holdings in Millfield to almost a quarter of the firm. Last week, Invesco bought 100,000 shares in Millfield, increasing its holding to 19.06 per cent. Amvescap owns 5.05 per cent, giving a total group holding of 24.11 per cent. Owning such a big percentage of the distributor […]

Assureweb chief&#39s tech warning for advisers

Advisers will miss out on commission if they fail to adopt electronic trading, warns Assureweb head of transactional delivery Stephen Wynne Jones. Wynne Jones says advisers which do not use technology will find that their profit margins are hit as providers increasingly demand online applications to counter the pressure of price caps. Assureweb estimates that […]

Independent view

I&#39m not sure if I dare but I feel compelled to criticise, in the nicest and most positive way I can, Ruth Kelly&#39s commentary piece headlined Why the cap fits in Money Marketing of July 15. The reason I feel able to is that the item seemed to be aimed at a generic audience rather […]

Technology Edge: Stephen Wynne Jones

The future survival of financial adviser firms may well depend on the degree to which they embrace technology. Regulatory change, downward pressure on margins and poor stockmarket performance pose risks to adviser businesses. Not only can technology increase productivity and profits for advisers but it can also aid advisers in meeting ever-increasing regulatory demands. But […]


News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up


    Leave a comment


    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm