There has been little change to annuity rates since the last update and this reflects the flat line trend for gilt yields at the moment. The benchmark 15-year gilt yield has remained just under 2 per cent so far in April. Unless yields increase, annuity rates will remain at present levels. In my recent paper […]
Adviser and investment management group Attivo has made the first three appointments in a recruitment drive it expects to lead to 50 new members of staff by the end of the year. James Cobb is now group technical manager after joining from Hargreaves Lansdown where he did the same role. Teresa Crew will lead the […]
Long/short funds Developed market equities have been driven higher and higher by quantitative easing over the past few years. However, we think the beta wave has finished now: alpha will deliver the returns going forward. Unconstrained long-short funds, in particular, are starting to look increasingly interesting. They can be more tactical as the performance of […]
A month after taking over the Artemis UK Select Fund, Ed Legget explains a (subtle) change in style; and gives his outlook for 2016.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up