Since I ceased operation as a practising financial planner almost three years ago, I have spent a lot of time researching the type of help and advice people need with their finances. While online tools can help, there are many situations when a person needs an individual and tailored approach from a human adviser. But […]
The average professional indemnity insurance premium across all advice firms was £17,540 in 2017, according to FCA data. The FCA’s latest data bulletin breaks down PI premiums for firms according to different revenue brackets. The data shows that, when looking at average premiums paid as a proportion of regulated revenue, small firms generally paid a higher […]
Financial adviser Simon Osborne has been sentenced to prison, alongside three other men, for his involvement in a tax relief scheme that defrauded HM Revenue and Customs out of more than £2m. The four men were yesterday sentenced to a combined 15 years in prison. Osborne, along with Rod Bond, Simon Hill and Lee Palmer […]
Peter Saacke, Artemis’ CIO, suggests what may lie ahead and explains how volatility suits stockpickers.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up