View more on these topics

True Potential appoints former PosSol FD

True Potential has appointed former Positive Solutions finance director Chris Binks as head of auditing and processes.

Binks joined PosSol in 2007 but resigned in October last year to undertake a role outside of the financial services industry. No announcement was made by PosSol at the time.

True Potential senior partner Daniel Harrison says: “This appointment further bolsters the True Potential management team and means we can continue our strategy of organic, profitable growth with confidence.”

True Potential managing partner David Harrison founded Positive Solutions in 1997 before Aegon bought a 60 per cent stake in the firm in 2002, taking the remaining 40 per cent in January 2006. He set up True Potential with his son Daniel in April 2007.

Syndaxi Chartered Financial Planners managing director Robert Reid says: “This move comes as no great surprise given the loyalty shown to David Harrison by staff when he was at Positive Solutions.”

Positive Solutions has appointed Lisa Lockey to the new role of head of finance. She was previously strategic support and assurance manager at economic development agency One North East.

Aegon-owned PosSol has seen a number of senior staff departures this year. In April, Money Marketing revealed compliance director James McCourt had left the firm. He joined Royal London as head of regulatory risk and compliance in May.

PosSol head of strategic partnerships Lee McGrath left last month and was replaced by former Honister head of strategic partnerships Alex Ridsdale, who takes up the new role of head of customer experience.


News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up


    Leave a comment


    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm