ABI, NAPF and the Trade Union Congress back commission to tackle short-termist political approach to retirement saving.
Ukip has been accused of “mollycoddling” retirees after proposing to offer a guarantee of free financial advice to protect savers following the introduction of pension freedoms. Nigel Farage’s party unveiled the plans last week as part of their manifesto launch. One idea being considered would see retirees given a “voucher” to spend on advice. The […]
Annuity rates at lowest level for at least two years.
Former FSA boss Sir Hector Sants has been appointed to lead a review of bank competitiveness in the UK. Sants will head a team at global management consulting firm Oliver Wyman and release the first review in autumn, reports the FT. Among the topics the review will cover are banking regulation, the risks of a ‘Brexit’ for […]
Johnson Fleming’s current charity of the year is CLIC Sargent: the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up