This year’s Budget statement confirmed that up to five million pensioners are to be given new flexibility to trade in their annuities for cash from next year. The rationale is to ensure that people who have already purchased an annuity have access to the same pension freedoms now in place for those approaching retirement. The […]
Annuity rates at lowest level for at least two years.
PI insurers are considering exclusions for insistent DB to DC transfers, Money Marketing understands.
Openwork is launching a study programme for advisers looking to attain chartered status. The Route to Chartered Status programme is open to principals, advisers and paraplanners. It will initially deliver face-to-face support at Openwork’s headquarters in Swindon, and subject to demand will offer face-to-face courses at a number of additional locations. Each advanced study module […]
Jonathan Platt, Head of Fixed Income at Royal London Asset Management, discusses why RLAM would be supportive of the Bank of England selling back corporate bonds to the private sector – as recent speculation suggests – believing that this would be a positive move towards supporting the long-term interests of the sterling credit market. Read […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Ros Altmann: Good pension not always enough for a good later life
- SJP shuns new CII exam in favour of in-house programmes
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up