Annuity rates at lowest level for at least two years.
The late Sir John Templeton had 10 maxims for investment success. Number 10 was that “an investor who has all the answers doesn’t even understand the questions”. Along with all the standard and risk warnings, we frankly tell every client that while we give advice in good faith we do not claim to be omniscient. […]
China’s GDP grew by 7 per cent between January and March, its slowest pace since the financial crisis in 2009. The BBC reports the rate fell from 7.3 per cent for the previous three months. Last year China missed its annual growth of 7.5 per cent for the first time in 15 years, with growth […]
This may surprise one or two readers of Money Marketing, but I have never voted in a general election. We are not talking here about a Russell Brand-style rejection of all political parties, nor is this the result of apathy on my part. It is simply that my Italian passport precludes me from voting. That […]
Those with decent-length memories will recall that in the 2014 Budget statement George Osborne announced the new (and entirely unexpected) pension freedoms. The new rules come fully into force in less than two weeks.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
- Scottish Widows hands £30bn fund contract to BlackRock after kicking Standard Life Aberdeen off mandate
- Flat-rate pension tax relief ruled out by government
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up