Talk of Mifid II has finally hit UK shores, having seemingly taken some time to travel upstream. Perhaps this is due to preoccupation with RDR and the sense we have already implemented the “tricky bit” of the new regulatory requirements: the commission ban. Mifid II will require all European IFAs to forgo commission. Some may […]
UK unemployment has fallen in March, bringing in the best rate since mid-2008. Data from the Office for National Statistics shows that in the first quarter employment for those aged 16 to 64 rose to 73.5 per cent, up from 72.5 per cent a year earlier. Employment was up by 202,000 in the three months to […]
Wealthy UK investors are prepared to pay a maximum of £110 an hour for financial advice, a Legg Mason survey shows, 26 per cent less than the average fee charged by advisers in 2014. According to Legg Mason, the cost of advice can range from £75 to £250 per hour, with one poll by unbiased.co.uk […]
I cannot remember how long it took me to switch from actively managed funds to passive ones. Nor do I recall the time it took to incorporate lifetime cash flow modelling and then lifestyle financial planning. It could have been months, if not years, and I still have situations where my beliefs are challenged. I […]
Kunal Desai, Head of Indian Equities, discusses his expectations for the Indian market and highlights the key indicators that he is watching for 2015.
In the video, Kunal addresses:
• Indian equity valuations and the importance of stock selection in gaining exposure to the earnings upgrade cycle
• The BJP’s strengthening ambition in its pro-reform, pro-investment agenda
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up