The Money Advice Service’s directory of at-retirement advisers has been branded “not fit for purpose” after it launched with a number of technical issues. The directory is in beta mode and features 4,500 advisers from 1,200 firms. Those using the Government’s Pension Wise guidance service will be pointed to the directory if they wish to […]
New research has proven the positive impact that protection, health and wellbeing (PH&W) benefits have upon a business.
Labour has claimed it will reduce tax avoidance and evasion by £7.5bn a year by the middle of the next parliament. The party has also pledged to reduce pensions tax relief for higher earners, alongside similar plans by the Conservatives. Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls laid out the target this weekend as part of a ten-point […]
The High Court has wound up a scam property fund which took £880,000 from investors and promised returns of up to 51 per cent a year. The FCA says the fund was wound up earlier this month at its request and a liquidator appointed to investigate Hermay’s activities. The regulator says the firm had been […]
This year looks set to bring a new danger for pension savers and their employers.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
- Inside the legal battle for Sipp supremacy
- Scottish Widows hands £30bn fund contract to BlackRock after kicking Standard Life Aberdeen off mandate
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up