View more on these topics

T1ps ups number of funds

T1ps Investment Management, a subsidiary of media and financial services group Rivington Street Holdings, has launched its third fund.

The SF T1ps smaller companies gold fund will be managed by Tom Winnifrith and Robert-Sutherland Smith, who run the T1ps smaller companies fund and Worship Street investments.

Winnifrith is a small cap share tipster who turned his hand to fund management in 2007. He has been looking at small caps for almost 17 years, while Sutherland Smith has worked in the City for over 40 years.

Rivington Street Holdings chairman Malcolm Burne, who has a number of years experience in the mining sector, will provide advice. Burne has previously run golden prospect precious metals, a closed-ended fund providing exposure to gold and precious metals. He has also been a director of over 20 companies, many of which have been in the mineral resources and gold exploration fields.

The new fund aims for diversity in terms of the stages of company development. It will invest at least 80 per cent in companies involved in the mining, exploration, development, and production of gold, with the remaining 20 per cent focusing on companies involved in silver and other precious metals. Up to 40 per cent of the portfolio can go into companies listed on the Australian and Toronto stock exchanges.

Gold could be a good investment over the long term because supply constraints and increasing demand from emerging regions and investors could push prices up. The focus on smaller companies could enable the fund to benefit from the lag in gold stock prices relative to the price of physical gold identified by Nimrod Capital, which is launching a closed-ended fund in this area of the market.

Gold is often used by investors as a hedge against weak currencies and inflation, but if investor demand dries up, prices could fall.


How to use wills to protect your clients’ wishes

March was Free Wills Month! Free Wills Month brings together a group of well-respected charities to offer members of the public aged 55 and over the opportunity to have their simple wills written or updated free of charge by using participating solicitors in selected locations around England and Wales. Research by the Law Society* highlighted that only 64 […]


News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up


    Leave a comment


    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers. Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm