View more on these topics

Sun Bank aims to meet Government target on mortgage protection

Sun Bank is launching a range of flexible mortgage protection insurance plans in line with the Government&#39s proposals on sustainable home ownership.

The bank aims to increase the take-up rate of MPI cover among its borrowers to the Government target of 55 per cent within the next five years.

Sun Bank managing director Mark Sismey-Durrant says: &#34At Sun Bank we recognise the importance of offering our customers a flexible, yet comprehensive, product range which provides no-nonsense cover, especially as homeowners can no longer rely to the State for assistance in recent times of hardship.&#34


Friends Prov retail business up 20 per cent

Friends Provident&#39s total new retail business was up 20 per cent to £245m from £204m equivalent premium income year ending December 1998 compared to the same time the previous year.Total new annual premium business increased 12 per cent to £134m from £120m while new single premium business increased 32 per cent to £1,109m from £838m.

Solicitor/investment managers in threat to IFAs&#39 market share

IFAs face a threat to their share of high net worth business from a new breed of solicitor investment manager with access to unlimited compensation.The Association of Solicitor Investment Managers is stressing that the Law Society provides unlimited cover for fraud and the Solicitors Indemnity Fund provides up to £1m for negligence claims.And it compares […]

Buy-to-let mortgage sales on the rise

Over £1.7bn of property has been bought through buy-to-let mortgage schemes since 1996 according to the Association of Residential Letting Agents.It says that in the three months to January 1999, 4,609 buy-to-let mortgages worth over £330m were completed. This figure represents a growth of 36 per cent from the previous three months.The average cost of […]

Prime backs local Guildford film-maker

Guildford-based Prime Health is sponsoring local production company New Screen Elite to make a short feature film.The film called &#39Panic&#39 is directed by Omid Nooshin and is based on a true story about a mother rescuing her kidnapped child.Prime Health managing director Mike Hall says: &#34We are delighted to offer sponsorship to this talented young […]


News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up


    Leave a comment


    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm