View more on these topics

Stephen Knight quits due to illness

Portillion chief executive Stephen Knight has stepped down from his position with immediate effect after being diagnosed with a brain tumour.

Former Portillion chief finance officer David Hill has been appointed chief executive while Barry Searle remains as chief operating officer.

Chairman Gerald Gregory says: “We wish Stephen the best and would like to note his enormous contribution over the years and thank him for all of his inspiration and hard work.”

First Action Finance head of communications Jonathan Cornell praises Knight’s enthusiasm and energy and believes there is no shortage of people wishing him a quick recovery.

He says: “He is a man who has done so much for the industry and has the most tremendous levels of passion and enthusiasm and I am sure that will help him beat this horrible disease.

“There are hundreds of people who Stephen has helped over the years and the whole industry is rooting for him.”

London & Country head of communications David Hollingworth says: “We all want to give Stephen our best wishes. Everybody in the industry will be thinking the same. He is very well known and well liked across the market.”

Recommended

ATP to set up scheme which will parallel NAPF’s super-trust

Danish pension firm ATP will launch a collective defined-contribution scheme similar in structure to the super-trust proposed by the National Association of Pension Funds. The NAPF defines a super-trust as a big multi-employer defined-contribution pension scheme that seeks to utilise economies of scale to reduce costs for members such as Nest. In its Vision For […]

2

Claim companies should contribute to FOS, says ABI

The Association of British Insurers has called on the Financial Ombudsman Service to look at ways for claim management firms to contribute to FOS funding. The FOS is currently funded by industry levies and case fees paid by the business that is the subject of a complaint. A firm does not have to pay a […]

10

Aviva life and pensions sales up 16% in 2010

Aviva has announced increased life and pension sales of 16 per cent to £10.3bn and a 19 per cent increase on total long-term savings to £11.8bn in 2010. Announcing its annual results for the year ending December 31, 2010 today, Aviva reports a 35 per cent increase in pre-tax profits to £2.44bn, up from £1.81bn […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment

    Close

    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm

    Email: customerservices@moneymarketing.com