View more on these topics

St James&#39s Place and Insight link for property fund

St. James&#39s Place has set up a commercial property fund as part of its portfolio of investment bond and pension funds.

The fund will be managed by a team from Insight Investment led by property division managing director Duncan Owen.

Its anticipated sector profile is 40 per cent retail, 30 per cent office, 10 per cent mixed retail and office and 20 per cent industrial.

Owen, who oversees the management of more than £4.6bn of UK commercial and residential assets at Insight, predicts that the fund should see annual returns of about 8-9 per cent.

Divisional director Andrew Humphries says: “We are delighted to be launching a property fund at this time and believe this is a great opportunity for our clients to gain access to this investment class with a top manager operating within St James&#39s Place&#39s distinct investment approach.”

Owen says: “The fund is well positioned to capture future growth and the recovery in rents already evident in this market. We see the market continuing to build strong and stable returns.

“In the near term, we see the property market producing good income returns of about 7 per cent supported by modest capital growth of about 2 per cent. This should provide total market returns of 8-9 per cent.”

Recommended

&#39Don&#39t view WP as a generic product&#39

Prudential chief executive Mark Wood has challenged IFAs to stop regarding with-profits as a generic product. Wood said that advisers had a crucial role to play in distinguishing with-profits products on grounds of free asset ratios, the total return of the fund, the asset mix operated and the effectiveness with which asset allocation is taken […]

LMS takes on branded lending for Mortgages plc.

LMS Homeloans is going to offer branded lending for Mortgages plc. LMS Homeloans already offers branded lending with Platform Home Loans mortgage products and says it intends to offer its branded lending activities with further lenders in the future.

Cable urges probe on mortgage cover

Liberal Democrat chief Treasury spokesman Vincent Cable is calling on the Government to toughen up on lenders selling payment protection insurance. Cable wants to see the Office of Fair Trading conduct a full-scale review into the PPI market. Cable has condemned big banks and a number of small brokers for taking advantage of weak rules, […]

Julian Gibbs

New Star looks to have another winner with its excellent property unit trust. The fund is run by two top managers, Andrew Hicks of Capital Counties, who is responsible for direct investments in commercial property, and Robin White of Liberty International Asset Management, who manages the property share portfolio. The fund has attracted large amounts […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment

    Close

    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm

    Email: customerservices@moneymarketing.com