The Ultimate Day in Sport, aka Save & Prosper's fabulous competition A Game of Two Halves, reaches week five this week.
S&P and Money Marketing have teamed up to offer four lucky IFA readers the chance to win a dream prize of tickets to the World Cup Final and the British Grand Prix – which by lucky coincidence take place on the same day, July 12, 1998.
The Diary understands from S&P that competition is getting fierce already, with 12 of the 16 weeks of the first half of the game still left to go.
The word is that the question masters are now racking their brains for some devilish teasers. Apparently, the most successful entrants so far, dubbed the 100 percenters, have been foiling the bigwigs at S&P by creative use of the internet to answer the questions. Of course, some of them may just be brainboxes with a talent for sporting trivia. Time will tell.
Turn to page 5 for this week's questions.
1. The competition is open to all IFAs, who must be over 18 on 1/12/97. Entrants must provide their SIB number as part of their entry.
2. The competition will be in two sections. Each section will produce 16 winners. The prize for these winners will be a day at the Jonathan Palmer Motorsport Day (date to be announced). The cost of appropriate standard class rail travel will be reimbursed by Save & Prosper upon production of satisfactory proof of travel.
3. Individual entrants will only be able to qualify as a winner in either but not both sections of the competition
4. In the event that there are more than 16 clear winners in each half of the competition, winners will be chosen on the basis of a tie-break. All entrants agree that Save & Prosper will have copyright to all tie-break answers.
5. The competition started on December 3, 1997 and finishes on April 1, 1998. There will be a break over the Christmas period between December 19, 1997 and January 7, 1998.
6. Only those finalists who attend the Jonathan Palmer Motorsport Day will be eligible to be entered in the final draw. The four prizewinners who emerge from the final draw will win one ticket each to the British Grand Prix and the World Cup Final on July 12, 1998 (including all travel).
7. Full copies of competition rules are available on request in writing to Save & Prosper Group Ltd, IFA Competition, Finsbury Dials, 20 Finsbury Street, London EC2Y 9AY.