Hermes Investment Management has appointed Aviva’s head of European retail funds, Philip Nell, as fund director for the company’s real estate unit, Hermes Real Estate. He will join the £6bn real estate arm on 20 July and report to to Hermes Real Estate chief executive Chris Taylor. Nell will also work as fund manager of the UK Private Rental […]
Offences relate to trading in shares of IT firm Logica.
Of all the sayings about the media’s need to remain neutral when delivering information to the public, one of the most over-used is that from former Guardian editor CP Scott back in the 1920s: “Comment is free but facts are sacred.” If so, then my column last week, in which I criticised the backward nature […]
The intention of the FCA’s platform charging rules was to make the way investors pay for platforms explicit and more transparent. At the time, the regulator said the new rules were designed to remove fund manager bias and “allow both investors and advisers to compare the costs of investing through different platforms and make an […]
Simon Cooper, Business Development Director, looks at how Cazenove Capital’s approach to continuing professional development encourages advisers to step out of their comfort zone
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up