I would like to remind advisory firms they are required to submit a return to the FCA at the end of each quarter if there have been any changes to retail investment advisers registered with them. This needs to be submitted within 20 business days of the end of the quarter. Firms will need to […]
Advisers urged to reduce IHT bills through pensions.
Insurers are calling on the Government to reverse its decision to ban them from bidding to buy back their own annuities. They say people selling their annuities will lose out unless the Government U-turns on its plan. In th Budget Chancellor George Osborne launched a consultation on creating a secondary annuity market to allow pensioners […]
Investors who have overpaid tax when drawing money from investment bonds could reclaim it through the courts following a ruling in favour of an investor who was landed with a £383,000 tax bill. The Upper Tribunal ruled in favour of Joost Lobler last week after he challenged HM Revenue & Customs over the bill. Lobler […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up