Aviva Investors has appointed Ed Casal as chief executive, global real estate, replacing Ian Womack who is retiring. Casal, currently Aviva’s global indirect real estate managing director, will oversee Aviva Investors Real Estate global operations as well as joining the unit’s executive committee with effect from 1 July. Bart Coenraads, who is head of Asia […]
HSBC’s threat to move its headquarters out of the UK have prompted secret talks between the Treasury and the Bank of England on plans to separate retail and investment banking. The Sunday Times reports talks are being held behind the scenes to try to keep HSBC and other major banks in the UK. The newspaper […]
As the last weeks of the general election campaign grind on, at least we seem to have some emerging consensus about what needs to be done in the housing market (although little consensus about how). For the first time in many years housing features strongly in the manifestos of all parties and there is something […]
After a year of correctly anticipating bund yields (negative) and defaults (Abengoa), James Foster looks forward to a rise in interest rates in 2016.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up