There are some big changes happening under the surface in the platform market at the moment. With all of the excitement around the pension reforms currently it is easy to forget about the shifts in platform technology that are either in progress or on the horizon. And it is even easier to overlook the impact […]
What was your first job in financial services? I worked for a small consultancy business in Macclesfield, mainly focusing on compliance. It wasn’t always fun but I learned a lot about what good looks like. Describe your current role. I am managing director of threesixty. I spend most of my time talking to advisers, figuring […]
Advice firms saw an increase in pre-tax profits of 5 per cent last year as the market began to stabilise, according to Apfa’s latest state of the market report. The annual report shows that pre-tax profit for all firms with an FCA primary category ‘financial adviser’ was £931m last year, up from £884m in 2013. […]
The pension reforms offer a great opportunity for financial advisers to attract new clients and grow their business. As product providers look to sell new propositions and unscrupulous firms solicit consumers to put their money in esoteric investments, the general opinion is that the new rules have brought to the forefront the need for advice. […]
Watch Felix Wintle, head of US equities at Neptune, discuss why he believes US equities are in a structural bull market and the key factors that can drive the S&P 500 higher.
In the video, Wintle addresses the following:
• The US market and why — despite equities rising from 2009 — he believes the structural bull market only started in 2013
• Key economic and corporate factors that can drive the S&P 500 higher
• Investment themes and sectors offering exposure to the domestic recovery
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Who were the winners at the Money Marketing Awards?
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up