In preparation for a summer holiday visit to a remote house in Europe I started to research the cost of car hire. I decided I needed to add in a GPS system, only to see the cost for my rental go up faster than a FSCS levy. So I decided to buy a GPS unit […]
The new dawn of pension freedoms finally emerged from the shadows earlier this month, bringing with it the ability for people aged 55 and over to cash in their pension savings. However, new products have not yet appeared, meaning the options available are largely the same as before – other than the additional ability to […]
The Information Commissioner’s Office has raised concerns over the increase in the number of people receiving cold calls or texts about their pensions. It says it has received over 1,000 complaints since last Christmas. Of these, 434 complaints were about live calls, 445 were about automated calls and 67 on spam texts. In addition, Which? […]
Fixed penalty notices also increase in Q1.
The National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF) recently published its 40th annual survey of workplace pensions. The survey looks at both defined benefit and defined contribution schemes.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Who were the winners at the Money Marketing Awards?
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up