The Liberal Democrats have promised to embark on a review of plans to introduce a single rate of pensions tax relief. The policy, unveiled today in the Lib Dem manifesto, commits the party to an investigation of plans long demanded by pensions minister Steve Webb. The manifesto says: “We will establish a review to consider […]
The Swiss Re Group is a major reinsurer in the group risk market in the UK. As such, their Group Watch 2015 report is a useful indicator as to the current state of play in the area of employer sponsored group life, group income protection, and group critical illness markets.
ABI, NAPF and the Trade Union Congress back commission to tackle short-termist political approach to retirement saving.
The proposed £5.6bn mega-merger of Aviva and Friends Life will result in thousands of job losses and rock the foundations of the UK pensions, protection and investment industries, experts are predicting. Last week, the Aviva and Friends Life boards revealed detailed discussions on the biggest pension deal in years. The Friends Life board has indicated […]
Arguing that the eurozone crisis is over, watch Rob Burnett, head of European equities at Neptune, discuss the sectors that he’s investing in to harness the recovery.
In the video, Burnett addresses the following:
• The primary drivers of the eurozone’s economic recovery
• The turnaround in individual countries’ current accounts
• Sectors best positioned to harness the recovery, without offering undue exposure to risk
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up