Labour will reintroduce a tax dropped by Government to fund its plans to abolish the bedroom tax.
Investment platform targets 1.4 million firms yet to hit staging dates.
Advice firms saw an increase in pre-tax profits of 5 per cent last year as the market began to stabilise, according to Apfa’s latest state of the market report. The annual report shows that pre-tax profit for all firms with an FCA primary category ‘financial adviser’ was £931m last year, up from £884m in 2013. […]
The proposed £5.6bn mega-merger of Aviva and Friends Life will result in thousands of job losses and rock the foundations of the UK pensions, protection and investment industries, experts are predicting. Last week, the Aviva and Friends Life boards revealed detailed discussions on the biggest pension deal in years. The Friends Life board has indicated […]
Since Mike Riddell and team at Allianz Global Investors took over management of the Allianz Gilt Yield Fund in November 2015, the Fund now sits as the top performing FTSE All-Stocks gilt fund in the sector (data source: Morningstar). The team has successfully demonstrated their leading knowledge of gilt markets and the repeatability of their […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up