Pension tax relief has come under fire this month as the three main political parties unveiled their election manifestos. First to be revealed was the Labour plan to restrict tax relief for top-rate taxpayers (around 300,000 people) to the same level as basic-rate payers: i.e. 20 per cent. The cut would begin at £150,000, tapering […]
Towry says it is willing to enter discussions with other advice firms on how to save Sesame’s Financial Adviser School. In an update to members this week, Sesame said it will wind down the school as part of an overhaul of the business which will see it no longer operate as a network for investment […]
Labour will reintroduce a tax dropped by Government to fund its plans to abolish the bedroom tax.
Of all the sayings about the media’s need to remain neutral when delivering information to the public, one of the most over-used is that from former Guardian editor CP Scott back in the 1920s: “Comment is free but facts are sacred.” If so, then my column last week, in which I criticised the backward nature […]
Kunal Desai, Head of Indian Equities, discusses his expectations for the Indian market and highlights the key indicators that he is watching for 2015.
In the video, Kunal addresses:
• Indian equity valuations and the importance of stock selection in gaining exposure to the earnings upgrade cycle
• The BJP’s strengthening ambition in its pro-reform, pro-investment agenda
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up