A deal to integrate independent financial adviser Sixty Plus into Bower Retirement Services has fallen through, just under a month after it was first announced. Bower revealed plans to recruit Sixty Plus’ seven staff in mid-March, with managing director David Wright joining to serve as an adviser. However, Bower has now confirmed that the deal […]
Cost of battle with shareholder revealed at AGM.
Ros Altmann was offered the role of pensions minister by the Conservatives but turned it down, Money Marketing can reveal. Instead, Altmann will be made a peer and appointed minister responsible for financial consumer protection and education. Former pensions minister and LibDem Steve Webb lost his seat in today’s general election, leaving the Conservatives without […]
Lloyds Banking Group has reported an 11 per cent fall in pre-tax profit for the first quarter of the year, after making a £660m loss on the sale of TSB. The bank’s Q1 results, published today, show it made a £1.2bn profit in the first three months of the year, down from £1.4bn in the […]
Join Jelf at Employee Benefits Live 2015 for a personal demo of how benefits technology can help you.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up