The new dawn of pension freedoms finally emerged from the shadows earlier this month, bringing with it the ability for people aged 55 and over to cash in their pension savings. However, new products have not yet appeared, meaning the options available are largely the same as before – other than the additional ability to […]
To help you to keep up with the fundamentals of tax, retirement and financial planning, try answering these questions…
Annuity rates at lowest level for at least two years.
A Labour government would avoid heavy-handed regulation, according to shadow chancellor Ed Balls, despite plans for a bank bonus tax and to raise the top rate of income tax. Speaking to the Financial Times, Balls said that Labour would seek to institute a 50p income tax rate throughout the next parliament, but would also seek […]
The political uncertainty in Europe is not deterring the Artemis European Opportunities Fund, says manager Laurent Millet. There are still stocks, he tells Artemis’ Ross Leckie, which should thrive.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up