View more on these topics

Portfolio Fund Management launches new property fund


Portfolio Fund Management has launched a new property fund which has an in-built liquidity mechanism allowing policyholders to easily encash their units.


The Portfolio Property Fund&#39s investment objective is to achieve high and growing income with capital growth.


Portfolio will invest 75 per cent of the fund in commercial property, while the remaining 25 per cent will be invested in property shares, gilts or cash.


The investment managers which are part of the Liberty group of companies will have the liquidity mechanism underwritten by the Liberty Group.


The minimum investment is £1,000, but investments of £5,000 will receive a 1 per cent bonus of initial units.


There is an initial fixed price offer of £1 per unit until June 25.


The fund pays 3 per cent initial commission plus 0.5 per cent trail.


Recommended

ABI welcomes publication of the Financial Service and Markets Bill

The Association of British Insurers has welcomed the publication of the Financial Services and Markets Bill.The ABI says the publication of the Bill confirms the Government&#39s commitment to ensure carefully thought through legislation reaches the statute book as soon as possible.But it has also emphasised the need for the Government to continue listening and responding […]

Prudential to axe 4,000 jobs

The Prudential has announced it is to axe 4,000 jobs over the next three years.The jobs will mainly be lost from within Prudential Retail Financial Services arm.It blames the losses on its restructuring programme, which it says is necessary because of the changing financial services environment brought about by new technology and changing legislation.The restructuring […]

Scottish Life pushing executive pension plans

Scottish Life is making a final push in the run up to the end of its special offer on executive pension plans.The special offer of a £500 bonus for any regular EPP premium of £5,000 or more applies to new and incremental policies made before July 6.Many of the life office&#39s branches are using the […]

Alliance & Leicester scraps Bank of Ireland merger plans

The board of Alliance & Leicester has scrapped merger discussions with Bank of Ireland.The high level merger talks collapsed amid accusations the Irish reneged on the original deal.A&L says it pulled the plug on the £11.5bn merger talks when the Bank of Ireland tried to renegotiate several key issues which had already been agreed.The Bank […]

Certification guide

Guide: how to… certify your pension scheme

Certification is highly complex and surrounded by a minefield of information and auto-enrolment jargon, which can make it very difficult to understand. However, for many employers it is a necessary process that must be executed successfully.

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment