Pensions minister Steve Webb may face an uphill battle to retain his seat in the Liberal Democrat stronghold of Thornbury & Yate after a Comres poll predicted support for the party in the South West is set to collapse. Webb was elected in 2010 with a majority of 14.8 per cent, and polls conducted by […]
Police have arrested a 60 year old currency trader over suspicions of a global Ponzi scheme.
The Scottish National Party has warned that while it backs pension freedoms, it plans to identify and target “hidden” and “unfair” charges. In its election manifesto, published earlier today, the SNP says it backs the principle of giving pensioners more freedom over how to spend their retirement pot. However, the party warns: “We must ensure adequate […]
Users expected to pay £199 for recommendations.
Choosing between active and passive investment strategies is not an either/or decision. Both have their place. The point is to deliver value to investors, says Ankul Daga, senior investment strategist with Vanguard Europe. Debate about the relative merits of active and passive investment strategies is perennial. But it has become considerably more heated in recent […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- Henry Tapper: ‘We’ve really made a mess of DB transfers’
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up