Support services and compliance firm SimplyBiz has shelved plans to sell the business or launch an IPO and is instead exploring alternative funding options to remain independent. In January, SimplyBiz confirmed it was considering floating the business on the Alternative Investment Market or selling a stake in the firm to a trade buyer or private […]
Offences relate to trading in shares of IT firm Logica.
Deutsche Bank is set to be hit with a fine worth more than $1.5bn(£1.02bn) in what would be the biggest penalty imposed for manipulating Libor. The German bank is in negotiations with agencies in the UK and US to settle the allegations in which a Deutsche Bank subsidiary could also plead guilty as part of a […]
If you meet Carlton Hood, Old Mutual Wealth’s customer director, don’t mention meerkats. Hood was chief executive of the price comparison website Confused.com when rival firm Compare The Market unleashed its popular ‘Compare The Meerkat’ advertising campaign in 2009. “That was the biggest challenge of my career,” he jokes. On a more serious note, Hood […]
We consider the progress of the FCA’s Advice Unit as well as the most recent proposed guidance on insistent clients
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up