Lloyds Banking Group has reported an 11 per cent fall in pre-tax profit for the first quarter of the year, after making a £660m loss on the sale of TSB. The bank’s Q1 results, published today, show it made a £1.2bn profit in the first three months of the year, down from £1.4bn in the […]
Partnership is working on plans to tie up with a platform in the second half of the year as the specialist provider looks to counter a 73 per cent fall in individual annuities. In its results for the three months to the 31 March, published today, Partnership says it is working with a third party […]
A convicted fraudster has been sentenced to an additional four years in prison by Westminster Magistrates’ Court after failing to make any payments towards a £364,000 fine, following an investigation by the Serious Fraud Office. In April 2012, US national Brian O’Brien was extradited and convicted for his part in a £4m boiler room fraud. […]
Capital Market Notes, November 2016 David Lafferty, chief market strategist at Natixis Global Asset Management, looks at the impact on markets and portfolios since the somewhat surprising outcome of the US election. Click here
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Who were the winners at the Money Marketing Awards?
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up