Consumer champions have branded the new Independent Governance Committees for contract-based schemes “retirement homes for financial services executives, actuaries and investment bankers”. But providers have hit back, claiming the committees provide greater consumer protection than trust-based schemes. The requirement for governance committees to be established for auto-enrolment schemes was introduced following the Office of Fair […]
Annuity rates at lowest level for at least two years.
Broking technology firm GBST Wealth Management is to power Just Retirement’s new simplified retirement platform. The advised-only platform has been developed following the introduction of pension freedoms earlier this month. It will allow customers to purchase an annuity as well as leave their pension invested in a low-risk “rainy day” fund. Just Retirement group communications director […]
Craig Inches, Head of Short Rates and Cash at Royal London Asset Management, reflects on the muted tone of gilt markets over the past week following the recent turbulent activity in this sector. Read the article here The value of investments and the income from them is not guaranteed and may go down as well […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Ros Altmann: Good pension not always enough for a good later life
- SJP shuns new CII exam in favour of in-house programmes
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up