Aviva’s UK life division saw new business profits surge 15 per cent in the first quarter despite sales dropping year-on-year. The insurer’s first quarter interim management statement, published this morning, reveals the value of new business written in its UK life arm rose from £89m in Q1 last year to £103m in the first three […]
In the early days of pension freedoms the influence of providers, rather the Government’s flagship Pension Wise service, is being brought to bear on savers. The latest Government figures show 1,800 people had booked appointments with Pension Wise, either over the phone with The Pensions Advisory Service or face-to-face with Citizens Advice, by the time […]
Tesco has posted a record loss of £6.4bn, one of the biggest losses outside of banking in British corporate history. In its annual results, published today, the supermarket group revealed it made a pre-tax loss of £6.38bn in the year to the end of February, compared with a pre-tax profit of £2.3bn the previous year. […]
Advisers urged to reduce IHT bills through pensions.
Jacob de Tusch-Lec explains why he favours bond proxies in Europe (and China). To watch the video click here
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up