Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls and pensions minister Steve Webb are the most high profile financial services scalps to be claimed after a shock election night. Balls, who previously held a majority of just 1,101 in the constituency of Morley & Outwood, lost out to Conservative Andrea Jenkins by 422 votes. Webb lost to Conservative candidate […]
Model portfolios are not suitable for those staying invested.
Towry says it is willing to enter discussions with other advice firms on how to save Sesame’s Financial Adviser School. In an update to members this week, Sesame said it will wind down the school as part of an overhaul of the business which will see it no longer operate as a network for investment […]
Retirement income firm MGM Advantage is to undergo a rebrand including a name change as the company attempts to break from its reputation as an annuity provider, Money Marketing can reveal. In January last year MGM bought equity release provider Stonehaven. It is expected MGM and Stonehaven will merge under a single new brand in […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up