The FCA has fined Clydesdale Bank £20.6m over serious failings in the way it handled payment protection insurance complaints. This is the largest ever fine imposed by the FCA for PPI-related failings. The FCA says in mid-2011 Clydesdale implemented inappropriate policies which meant that its PPI complaint handlers were not taking into account all relevant […]
The FCA needs to urgently clarify when new advice requirements on pension transfers will be applied, organisations across the pensions industry are warning. In its response to the regulator’s consultation on changes to pension transfer rules, the National Association of Pension Funds says conflicting definitions of money purchase benefits risk confusing when advice needs to […]
PI insurers are considering exclusions for insistent DB to DC transfers, Money Marketing understands.
Bank has set aside £856m for litigation and conduct issues.
We British are known for our stiff upper lip and just getting on with things. It’s part of our quirky cultural behaviour – like forming orderly queues, or saying sorry when it’s not our fault. Many of us just aren’t that great at talking about what’s bothering us. But if someone feels that the stresses […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up