There is nothing like an election to concentrate the mind on what our esteemed politicians believe we need to be thinking about for the future. Whether it is the economy or the NHS, defence or education, the smart money seems to be on a coalition again, it is just the permutations of who will court […]
The FCA is in discussions with industry representatives and lawyers on its approach to insistent clients. Any saver who wants to ditch their defined benefit scheme for a defined contribution plan to take advantage of the new pension freedoms will be required to take advice before transferring. Industry experts have raised concerns that advisers who […]
Figures were boosted elsewhere in the business, particularly with a 17 per cent increase in assets at LGIM.
Now that the general election dust is slowly beginning to settle, there is a departing minister whom I want, perhaps surprisingly, to pay tribute to – and another person I would like to welcome into her new role in Government. The person I want to offer praise to is Steve Webb, who lost his north […]
Advisers need to assume three key roles
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Aegon apologises to advisers over Cofunds replatforming
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up