LifeSearch has renewed its contract with MoneySupermarket.com to provide protection advice to customers of the comparison site. The specialist protection intermediary has had an agreement with MoneySupermarket.com since January 2013. It declined to say how long the new contract is for. LifeSearch chief executive Tom Baigrie says: “We are delighted that our partnership with MoneySupermarket is […]
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme has appointed former Deloitte partner Mark Adams as a non-executive director. Adams will join the FSCS in June. He replaces Phil Wallace who has served two terms on the board. Adams is a chartered accountant and insolvency practitioner, and has previously been an adviser to the Bank of England. FSCS […]
I like to think one of the skills that makes me a decent adviser is the ability to convert complex, illogical and sometimes-opaque notions into bite-sized snippets of information clients might understand. Thirty years in the job has led me to accept, although we live and breathe our subject, that is simply not the case […]
Model portfolios are not suitable for those staying invested.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- Henry Tapper: ‘We’ve really made a mess of DB transfers’
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up