Almost three weeks on from pension freedoms finally “going live” we have just about enough information to see that the stampede to strip pots of cash originally feared has not transpired. Certainly the Government’s Pension Wise service has not been put under the strain first expected. A total of 1,800 appointments were booked by the time […]
Let me tell you about a colleague. We’ll call him Nigel. I wonder how many other financial advisers exhibit similar characteristics to him when it comes to the circulation of the trade press. I can tell it is either a Monday or Thursday as the reverberating sound of free trade press publications still in their […]
Offences relate to trading in shares of IT firm Logica.
Advisers urged to reduce IHT bills through pensions.
Steve Webb’s latest policy paper British savers risk being left in the ‘slow lane’ unless the UK Government takes a more active role in ensuring the successful delivery of a Pensions Dashboard. The report, ‘Pensions Dashboards around the World’, coincided with a major conference that was held on Monday 16 May and brought together experts […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- Henry Tapper: ‘We’ve really made a mess of DB transfers’
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up