Labour will reintroduce a tax dropped by Government to fund its plans to abolish the bedroom tax.
The Scottish National Party has warned that while it backs pension freedoms, it plans to identify and target “hidden” and “unfair” charges. In its election manifesto, published earlier today, the SNP says it backs the principle of giving pensioners more freedom over how to spend their retirement pot. However, the party warns: “We must ensure adequate […]
Annuity rates at lowest level for at least two years.
The FCA needs to urgently clarify when new advice requirements on pension transfers will be applied, organisations across the pensions industry are warning. In its response to the regulator’s consultation on changes to pension transfer rules, the National Association of Pension Funds says conflicting definitions of money purchase benefits risk confusing when advice needs to […]
Optimism is as American as baseball and apple pie. And since the financial crisis, being optimistic about US equities has paid off: they have outperformed every other major developed market by a comfortable margin. Yet while there remain plenty of good reasons to be optimistic about US equities, Stephen Moore, manager of the Artemis US […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
- Scottish Widows hands £30bn fund contract to BlackRock after kicking Standard Life Aberdeen off mandate
- Flat-rate pension tax relief ruled out by government
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up