Prime Minister David Cameron has pledged the Conservatives will create a new threshold for inheritance tax of £1m if elected. The changes would come into effect from April 2017, and will be funded by restrictions on pensions tax relief for those earning more than £150,000. Annual allowances for savings will be tiered on earnings between […]
To help you to keep up with the fundamentals of tax, retirement and financial planning, try answering these questions.
It is easy to be wise after the event but given the ending of quantitative easing by the US Federal Reserve last year (and therefore no more extra dollars being “printed”) simple economic theory would predict that the price of something no longer in excess supply should rise. And it did! From the end of […]
Just a quick post to alert our followers to the fact that the new Fit for Work service is – according to the rollout map – now available in all geographical areas of England and Wales.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up