The Pensions Ombudsman has rejected a complaint against LV= after a customer lost £16,000 while transferring into a new pensions policy. Mr H complained that LV= failed to act on his instructions to cash in and reinvest his portfolios while in drawdown. The transfer represented an internal transfer from a LV= pension policy to a […]
It is easy to get tangled up in file reviews. Take a step back and focus on the client outcome
High-street moves out of guidance and into IFA territory
The world has become a less deferential place over the decades but the concept of “the professions” still lingers, conjuring up images of expertise, probity and sober good judgement. Many individual advisers and planners can rightfully claim a place in that group but recognition for advice more generally is proving a bit of a slog. […]
Simon Gergel, portfolio manager, The Merchants Trust, Allianz Global Investors, discusses the aim and objective of the fund, what challenges there are in running a concentrated portfolio, where to find the most value in equity markets and how the portfolio is currently positioned.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up