Natalie Holt, journalist with Money Marketing Photo by Michael Walter/Troika
Police have arrested a 60 year old currency trader over suspicions of a global Ponzi scheme.
Bank has set aside £856m for litigation and conduct issues.
Bank of England governor Mark Carney says the UK should hold a referendum on its membership of the EU “as soon as necessary”. Speaking on the BBC’s Today programme yesterday, Carney said: “We talk to a lot of bosses and there has been uncertainty, whether it’s for the election or the referendum.” He said businesses […]
Deutsche Bank gave false declarations to the FCA and British Bankers’ Association, took years to produce evidence for the regulator and used a call recording system that was “not fit for purpose”, the FCA has found. Earlier today the bank was fined a record £227m by the FCA for manipulating Libor and Euribor. Combined with […]
The UK Equities, Fixed Income, Multi Asset and Property teams of Royal London Asset Management respond to the result of the UK general election. Read the articles here The value of investments and the income from them is not guaranteed and may go down as well as up and investors may not get back […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
- Malcolm McLean: Why this could be the year of the pension tax relief raid
- Nutmeg loss deepens as regulatory burden bites
- Treasury tipped to cut pension tax relief to fund NHS spending
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up