She is Maria Sinclair, just 65 and she is happy. Pension freedom has begun. She has a pension pot, which she began some 25 years ago, and she believes it is worth quite a lot. In work, Maria never earned more than £18,000 a year. Her state pension amounts to £118.64 a week. She has […]
Artemis co-founder Mark Tyndall is stepping aside as senior partner to take a non-executive role on 31 December 2015. Tyndall will remain a partner at the investment manager and retain “a substantial stake” in both the partnership and the funds that Artemis manages. Tyndall founded the business in 1997 with fellow ex-Ivory & Sime funds managers […]
I have been reading the commentary and social media activity around the recent BACK2Y conference with huge interest. I should probably declare some interests here. I went to the first conference last year and would have gone again this year if not for a diary clash. I have known and respected founder Paul Armson for […]
Model portfolios are not suitable for those staying invested.
Healthcare is already one of the key battlefields in May’s general election, with each of the main parties committing to deliver improvements to the NHS and public health.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
- Malcolm McLean: Why this could be the year of the pension tax relief raid
- Nutmeg loss deepens as regulatory burden bites
- Treasury tipped to cut pension tax relief to fund NHS spending
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up