View more on these topics

Merrill Lynch get dynamic

Merrill Lynch Investment Managers has introduced the Merrill Lynch UK dynamic fund.


The fund is a unit trust aimed at investors who are looking for a medium risk product that can be used as a core holding for their portfolio and which gives them exposure to the UK sector. UK dynamic is an onshore version of the Mercury offshore sterling trust UK fund.


At least 60 per cent of the UK dynamic fund will invest in companies in the FTSE 100 index, with the remaining 40 per cent of the fund investing in small to medium sized UK companies that show potential growth.


UK dynamic joins the growing band of themed funds that aim to identify and take advantage of UK companies that show potential growth. These include products such as the Rowan dynamic theme fund and the M&G innovator fund. However UK dynamic offers little that makes it stand out from the opposition.


According to Standard & Poor’s the Mercury offshore sterling trust fund is ranked 1 out of 101 funds, based on £1,000 invested on a bid-to-bid basis with gross income reinvested over three years to October 16, 2000.

Recommended

A game of two halves

Last week, we looked at the European Court of Justice ruling in the Magorrian case which indicated that part-timers could demand a back-dating of pension scheme membership to 1976.This ruling, if confirmed, would potentially cost pension schemes phenomenal amounts of money and, of course, give extremely valuable pension benefits to many hundreds of thousands of […]

Lib Dems demand more independence for Bank of England

The Liberal Democrats are proposing plans to increase the independence of the Bank of England by changing the way the Monetary Policy Committee members are appointed. The Lib Dems say the independence of the Bank is being compromised by the Chancellor&#39s power to appoint MPC members, who are directly responsible for the setting of interest […]

Merrill Lynch – UK Dynamic Fund

Wednesday, 25th October 2000.Type: Unit trust.Aim: Growth by investing in FTSE 100 shares and medium and small companies.Minimum investment: Monthly £50, lump sum £1,000.Investment split: Minimum of 60 per cent in FTSE 100 shares, 40 per cent in medium and small companies.Isa link: Yes.Pep transfer: Yes.Charges: Initial 5.25 per cent, annual 1.5 per cent.Special offer: […]

Trade bodies link up to design training toolkit

Financial services trade bodies are teaming up to design a toolkit to help IFA businesses meet the FSA&#39s training and competence regulations.The project is being co-ordinated by the Insurance & Related Financial Services National Training Organisation, which is working on behalf of a consortium of organisations including Autif, Aifa, Sofa, IFP, LIA, Sifa and the […]

How do you choose the best online service?

By Ross Jackson, senior marketing manager There are many different protection online services available in the market and no doubt you’ll have used a few when submitting protection business. But why should you have to put up with slow, unresponsive sites for your business when you’re used to dealing with slick, modern user experiences in your […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment