View more on these topics

Mattioli Woods takes buyout over majority stake in Amati

Mattioli Woods has accepted a buy out for its purchase option of Amati Global Investors, rather than become the majority shareholder.

The wealth management and employee benefits firm took a 49 per cent stake in specialist fund manager Amati in February 2017, with the agreement also including the option to buy the remaining 51 per cent of the issued share capital of Amati in following two years.

Mattioli Woods has agreed to cancel the option in return for a payment of £0.75m

The transaction to cancel the option has now officially completed.

Mattioli Woods chief executive Ian Mattioli says: “Amati is an excellent fund manager that is growing well and sustainably in difficult markets. Given the success of the current arrangement over the last two years, I believe the group retaining our 49 per cent interest in the joint venture offers the optimal structure for all its stakeholders.”

Amati chief executive Paul Jorudan says: “This completes an important strategic move for the business, which we believe will provide a strong underpinning for future growth. The agreement in February arose from detailed discussions over many months, and we were highly appreciative of the way in which Mattioli Woods entered into a spirit of partnership with us having recognised the merits of the current ownership structure.”

As part of the deal, Mattioli Woods has also agreed that Amati should maintain its policy of giving 10 per cent of profits to UK registered charities into the future.

Recommended

Japan’s dependence on overseas automobile production

Time and again commentators persistently insist that exports and world trade are the primary drivers of Japanese corporate profits. However these outdated assumptions face an underlying fundamental problem, namely that since 1993 overseas production of 4 wheeled vehicles by Japanese firms has exceeded their export from Japan, currently by a volume of more than 4:1. […]

Quilter Cheviot poaches three more managers from Brooks Macdonald

Discretionary fund manager Quilter Cheviot has further boosted its headcount with a raft of new hires from rival investment manager Brooks Macdonald. The appointments follow four others last month including London-based former Brooks Macdonald staffer, Richard Wayne-Wynne. Former Brooks Macdonald investment manager Jennifer Innes will now join Quilter Cheviot’s Edinburgh office where she will focus […]

Pensions savings total £90.4bn in 2018

Despite various contentions in the pensions space, Brits placed a total of £90.4bn into pension schemes during the course of last year. Commenting on the figures, Royal London pension specialist Helen Morrissey says Britain is returning to follow a trend of saving. She says: “These figures show that Britain is getting back into the pension […]

October volatility creating buying opportunities

Our latest blog piece highlights that volatility has risen sharply in the last couple of days. RLAM’s contrarian investor sentiment indicator has moved to its most pessimistic reading since April. Trevor Greetham and the multi asset team at Royal London Asset Management are starting to buy equities into weakness. As another old saying goes, investors […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment

    Close

    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers. Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm

    Email: customerservices@moneymarketing.com