Scottish Widows has appointed a managing director of bulk annuities and investment strategy as part of a management shake-up. In October Lloyds Banking Group announced Scottish Widows would enter the bulk annuity market. It has now appointed Jeff Sayers, previously insurance divisional risk officer at Lloyds, to lead the proposition. Sayers joined Lloyds in 2013 […]
Prime Minister David Cameron will announce today that a Conservative government would extend the Right to Buy programme to 1.3m housing association tenants. Some 500,000 housing association tenants can currently purchase their homes under the existing “Right to Acquire” scheme. The Conservatives would also raise the discount offered to housing association tenants to match the […]
Bank has set aside £856m for litigation and conduct issues.
Labour will reintroduce a tax dropped by Government to fund its plans to abolish the bedroom tax.
Our latest policy paper reveals what the fall in the savings ratio does (and doesn’t) mean
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Aegon apologises to advisers over Cofunds replatforming
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up